Using Your Helmet Correctly
To reduce the risk of serious injury or death and to help prevent damage to your helmet:
- Never adjust your helmet accessories while riding – Only make helmet adjustments when stopped.
- Never drop your helmet – Dropping your helmet may crack the shell or damage the protective foam. The damage may not be visible. Your helmet is only designed for ONE
- impact. Refer to “Helmet Replacement for more information on what to do after helmet has been dropped.
- Never wear anything between your head and your helmet – This may reduce the effectiveness of your helmet.
- Never hang or hook your helmet on anything including mirror stalks, handle bar, or sissy bars – Doing so may cause damage to the helmet protective foam or liner.
- Never use insect repellent on or around your helmet – Insect repellent may damage your helmet’s visor, shell, protective foam, or other components.
- Never expose helmet to gasoline or gasoline fumes – Gasoline may damage your helmet’s visor, shell, protective foam, or other components.