METZELER Roadtech Z8 Interact Rear Tyre
Metzeler is proud to announce the new specification (M&O) in the Roadtec Z8 Interact™. The new two plies rear version is dual compound featuring a high silica content in the central stripe and 100% silica on shoulders, it has a new profile specifically developed to perform on heavy sport-touring bikes such as BMW K 1600 GT and GTL, Honda VFR1200F and Triumph Trophy and boasts an excellent performance in the wet in line with other M/O specifications which has allowed this product to become an unrivaled leader in the segment for use on wet roads. Not only that, with respect to the190/55 ZR 17 specific (C) already on the market, the new version (O) provides a higher mileage of 30%.
- The rear tyre compound is a dual compound solution with a 40-20-40 layout over the profile.
- The compound for the central section is about 45 millimeters wide (with slight differences between the sizes) and has a high Silica content, specifically developed to optimize mileage and stability even at high speeds.
- The shoulder compound, on the other hand, runs to about 88 millimeters of the profile on each side and has 100% Silica which significantly increases grip on wet surfaces and reduces slipping in any conditions.
- Metzeler engineers had to work on the compounds to reach a high chemical grip on the shoulder of the rear tire, while still maintaining a central area more focused on mileage and stability.
- This configurationm means the Interact™ structure provides incredible advantage, making the combination of two extremely different compounds keeping a progressive behaviour.
- The compound of this tire is able to provide an excellent chemical grip on wet with the widest possible range of operating temperatures, going from 0° to over 35°.
- In this air temperature range the tire is immediately ready to provide top performance.
As for the structure of the Roadtec Z8 Interact™, it already boasts the renowned Interact™ technology, but with a variable tension of the 0 degree steel belt in order to give progressivity to the behavior of the tire at different angles of use. Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact™ is on of the safest tyre on wet. German Motorrad TestCenter agency certifies this with a test comparing the Metzeler product to its direct competitors.
Performance and braking of motorcycle tyres on wet surfaces have become increasingly important features in tire selection, particularly in those countries where sudden weather changes can occur at any time and bikers need a high level of safety and Roadtec Z8 Interact™ precisely meet these needs.